Sunset Patient Portal increases patient and medical personnel communication
Sunset Patient Portal is safe, convenient, secure online health management tool that Sunset Community Health Center is excited to bring to you. This online tool will allow you to communicate with Sunset medical staff in a unique and effective way.
Patients can use Sunset Patient Portal to:
- E-mail health related questions to their provider.
- Request an appointment or referral.
- Request prescription refills.
- View lab results.
- Follow your health 24/7 via laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Medical personnel use Sunset Patient Portal to:
- Send patients post-visit clinical summaries and lab results via an attachment.
- Respond to patient messages in between seeing patients to complete tasks more efficiently and avoid “phone tag” with patients.
After creating a Sunset Patient Portal, the practice’s dedicated triage nurse becomes responsible for reviewing all incoming messages and responding personally through the patient portal and conferring with other providers, as needed.
ACCESS Your Health Online! A Two Step Process
1st STEP: Patients provide their e-mail address to Sunset Community Health Center staff during an in-person clinic visit and are issued a system generated enrollment token. (Patients without an e-mail address are walked through the process of creating one with national carriers).
2nd STEP: A message is instantly delivered to the patient’s e-mail address encouraging him or her to complete the second step of the patient portal enrollment process. Processes are also being put in place to allow patients to complete enrollment while on-site during a visit.
Begin Your Enrollment Process:
- After providing a valid email address to Sunset staff and receiving an enrollment token #. Follow this link: http://www.nextmd.com/Enroll
- Enter your enrollment token and your e-mail address. Verify that your email address is correct.
- Choose a user name and password. Your user name and password are case sensitive. Your user name must be at least 6 characters long and cannot be more 20 characters long. Your password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot be more than 20 characters long, and must contain at least one number.
- Choose a Login Security Question from the list and provide your answer for this question.
- Set up NextMD’s secure password reset feature. NextMD will ask you to select a question and provide an answer to it. If you forget the password you will have to answer this question again to reset it.