Obstetrics / Gynecology
Sunset Women’s Medical Group offers a full range of gynecologic and obstetric health care for women at all ages and stages of life. Regular visits with a women's health care provider builds a foundation of health and wellness for women of all ages. The purpose of an annual well woman visit is to promote wellness, screen for potential health problems, and manage any ongoing conditions, in addition to helping prevent future illnesses from developing.
Well woman preventive visits
Full range of gynecologic in-patient and out-patient procedures and surgeries, including hysterectomies
- Birth control services including:
- IUD removal and insertion
- Tubal ligations
- Abnormal pap test management
- Urinary incontinence
- Basic infertility management
- Irregular bleeding
- Brochure: Prenatal Care Services
- Free pregnancy test
- Collaborative prenatal care with midwives and physicians
- Births attended by professional team of midwives and physicians
- Physicians available for high-risk pregnancies and C-sections
- Postpartum care and birth control
- Prenatal ultrasounds
Healthy Body! Healthy Mind!
Mammogram Early detection of breast cancer with screening mammography means that treatment can be started earlier in the course of the disease, possibly before it has spread. The screening mammography can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer among women.
Pap Testing Cervical cancer screening is an essential part of a woman's routine health care. It is a way to detect abnormal cervical cells, including precancerous cervical lesions, as well as early cervical cancers. Both precancerous lesions and early cervical cancers can be treated very successfully. Routine cervical screening has been shown to greatly reduce both the number of new cervical cancers diagnosed each year and deaths from the disease.